Last week, I asked for you readers to vote on what MMO you wanted to hear about. And unanimously leading the pact, is….
Cataclysm by definition, according to Merriam-Webster Dictionary; means a momentous and violent event marked by overwhelming upheaval and demolition; In short: an event that brings great changes. Fairly soon the worlds we know from lvl’s 1-60 will change before our eyes. Where events will begin to jump start the Armageddon of Azeroth.
One of the biggest things I’m stoked about going into the new expansion is you can freakin’ FLY (with your mount of course)!! Time and time again, while trying to get my Loremaster achievement (Completing 700 quests in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms) I kept telling myself, “I could so get to the quest faster if I could use flight form” And now I’m getting my wish. =)
The New/Old Features to be excited about:
1. Blizzard says: “They are making lvl-85 Heroic modes for these 5-player dungeons.” We get to go back to the Deadmines (<-Favorite dungeon of ALLLL time) and Shadowfang Keep.
2. Just about all the old regions will be altered in some way or fashion. Even people who won’t have the expansion or are new to the game will experience Azeroth in its new era (they will not be able to Cap to Lvl-85, play the new races, etc. without the expansion of course.)
3. New race/class combo’s
*Dwarf-Mage/Shaman *Blood Elf-Warrior
*Night Elf-Mage *Orc-Mage
4. According to Blizzard they are working on many changes on Player Stats to make it more simplistic. Here are a few examples Blizzard announced:
Spell Power will no longer be its own statistic, and Intellect will provide its benefits instead. We also plan to make Spirit the definitive mana-regeneration statistic, in which case we would remove the mana-per-5-seconds stat from gear. Confusing stats like defense and armor penetration will likely go away.
One of the other things I’m happy they are taking out of the game is the Weapon Skill. I don’t have to train or learn to use a weapon. Just get it and whoop some <insert opposing faction name here> ARSE.
They are also adding the Mastery Stat that truthfully I’m still unclear about it’s real function.
5. Guild achievements, experiencing, and leveling. Now, there will be a greater need to want to be involved with your Guild. Just like talent trees for each individual toon there will be one for the Guild. Only 20 of your top Guild members experience will be “Contributors” to the Guilds leveling (Max @ 20 points.) With the talent points it can benefit in aspects for example:
- Reduce repair costs
- Improve amount of money looted from enemies
- Summoning raid members
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm will bring new and old players to something refreshing this fall. It will make it enjoyable to go back and start new toons to experience the new quests and storyline of Azeroth. I can’t wait to see what Blizzard has in store.