How is everybody doing this week? Busy spooking yourself playing Dead Space 2? Or maybe you are still enjoying the fantasticly whimsical Little Big Planet 2? Anyone else think Sony needs to go ahead and give a real name to the “NPG” before they make NPH angry? If you are new to The Fix it follows two very simple rules. First I recommend a band. Then I put on my news-magnet pants and go wading in the waters of Pixelated Geek until I find the newsiest bits on the site. So here we go!
The band for this week is going to be a wonderful band hailing from New Orleans known as MuteMath. I have no idea how I have not recommended them yet. They blend atmospheric music with catchy vocals and an amazingly intense live show. If you have never checked them out be sure to do it here.
Now on to the news!
- Sony unveils the NPG. Or as I am sure they will probably call it, the PSP2. Or maybe they will go with the “Suck it Nintendo, we’re not giving up yet”. Two touch screens and a pretty screen are nice, but show me Uncharted and I’m going to buy it.
- Can you believe there can be a video called “30 years of First Person Shooters”? Rachel points out a video that takes gamers on a nice little walk down memory lane. I used to play Battlezone all the time. But really, no Halo?
- Legoland starts the hype for their Star Wars mini land by unveiling the Millennium Falcon. In other news, children around the world realize they will never create anything as grand with their Lego set. They are using 1.5 million bricks in their Star Wars mini land. I guess that’s 1.5 million less Legos for parents to step on in the dark.
- You don’t need a PS3 to enjoy Little Big Planet. I could never pull something like this off. Put a pair of scissors in my hand and I am less useful than Wolverine when Magneto is around.
- Rachel takes a closer look at how we rate our video games. It is an interesting debate. I think it all comes down to a parents ability to read. It’s all on the back of the box.
- I kept telling Justin that people other than January Jones were in the upcoming X-men movie. Although I must admit I am digging her seventies look. Also, James Mcavoy, though I do like him, always looks twelve to me. Anyone else?
- Want to know what you missed out on if you didn’t pick up the Little Big Planet 2 collectors edition? I will give you a hint, it is full of cuteness. Also, roughly a bazillion downloadable costumes.
That’s all for The Fix this week. Be sure to check back next week for more of The Friday Fix!