So the big news on the Internet besides all the April fools jokes right now is this worm. Now, I know most of you have no idea what a worm actually does so I’ll explain that first.
You’re probably sitting there saying shit like “A worm is a virus” right? Well you’re wrong. A VIRUS attaches itself to existing programs kind of like cancer. It could be malignant, it could be benign. It just depends if that virus ever gets to where it’s needs to go to work properly.
A worm is it’s own shit (by shit I mean program.) It knows exactly what it’s going to do and where it’s going. Worms are automated to spread themselves collecting data along the way. Worms are smart and create drone computers to act as send/receive stations then end up doing things like sending out porn to the e-mail lists the worms collected along the way or sending out more worms. These drones are called the Botnet.
So here’s the big deal. The current estimated botnet for Conficker, possibly 12 Million computers. So if there’s a Botnet of 12 Million computers do you know what kind of crazy attack that could be? Superior Pwnage. Conficker has been attacking systems for months.
What does Conficker do right now? Well it has been known to attack NetBios, and removable media. Downloads and uploads to different servers (what? I don’t know, whatever it finds on your computer), Blocks DNS lookups, stops auto update and destroys your antivirus/antispyware. (Now that I think about it I know a couple people that may have had Conficker… hahaha now I’m laughing out loud)
So Microsoft is offering a $250,000 dollar reward leading to the arrest/prosecution of the creator. What they probably should be doing, is offering the creator $250,000 cash money and a job working on windows security fixes. That would be the SMART thing to do.
That’s right you dumb broad. It did. But if you listen to me we can prevent that.
OK, so how can YOU stop the worm? Honestly YOU probably can’t STOP the worm. It’s like having sex with a condom. There’s a good chance that you won’t get the HIV wearing a condom, but there’s still a chance you could get it… So here’s your prophylactics for your computer:
1. Don’t open e-mail from people you don’t know. That’s the most stupid thing you could do. Every e-mail is a file. Who goes around opening files when they don’t know what that shit even does?
2. Stop looking at free porn sites. There’s no such thing as free. Everything comes with a price. In the case of free porn sites the most common price you pay is a huge influx of malware.
3. Don’t have any open shared folders, make sure you password that shit up on your network.
4. Make sure you have a dope firewall like Comodo or even a router with a good firewall (if you never leave your house with you computer). Guess what? WINDOWS FIREWALL WORKS GOOD TOO. Also look in to Zone Alarm.
5. Password your shit up. Is your shit passworded up? Well when you start your computer do you have to enter a password? If you said no, your shit isn’t passworded up.
There’s so many things I could tell you to do but whatever.
Oh just cause you got or get one of these…
or one of these…
Shit, even if you have one of these…
don’t think this can’t happen…
Cause I will laugh at you like this…
So follow my rules.